Thursday 6 July 2017
Doors to theatre open approx. 10.00am
Performance starts approx 10.30am
Tickets $7.00 per person
Presented by the Queensland Youth Orchestras
Morning Music at the Old Museum features tuneful pieces specially chosen for mid-week, morning listening in the Concert Hall of Brisbane’s historic Old Museum, and played by some of Brisbane’s finest young musicians.
Concert 2 Program:
- Julian Wade, piano
- Matthew White, tuba, 1st movement from Vaughan Williams’ Tuba Concerto
- Isabella McDonald, cello, Astor Piazzolla’s Le Grand Tango
- George Wilson, trumpet, 3rd movement of Karl Pilss’ Sonata for Trumpet and Piano
- Jacob Seabrook, viola, Brahms’ Viola Sonata Op. 20 No 2 in E flat major
- Audrich Allen, violin, Sarasate’s Romanza Andaluza
Brisbane landmark, The Old Museum, on the corner of Gregory Terrace and Bowen Bridge Road, in Bowen Hills, is remembered as the former Queensland Museum, and its Concert Hall as the Queensland Art Gallery. It’s now the home of Queensland Youth Orchestras, a vibrant music centre where you can enjoy an hour or so of Morning Music at the Old Museum, performed for you by the latest generation of brilliant young Queensland musicians in the ambience of a wonderful heritage building brought back to life as it should be.